We gotta say, Kristen Wiig looks amazing on the cover of the August 2014 issue of ELLE magazine. She often looks quite drab on the red carpet, so it's nice to see her looking dewy and relaxed. That haircut is doing god's work! Let's hope she lets more of this kinda style into her everyday public life.
Well, that big soccer tournament is finally over and now we can finally focus on the next athletic competition of international import: On The Run Tour HBO Special. It's not airing until September, but trust, we will be getting our Team Carter jerseys and Yoncé flags steam cleaned. Check out the trailer here. On to the links!
1. 38 Hot French Dudes To Celebrate Bastille Day: Ok, so Bastille Day was yesterday, but let's just enjoy and not constantly nit-pick, ok?? There are some PRIMO HOTTIES on this list, and some just-oks, but the Europeaness does add a certain allure. Check 'em out here. Bonus link: If you don't already know the magic that is MC Solaar, you will certainly recall the SATC finale featuring the song La Belle et Le Bad Boy. Oh the memories! Check out the clip here (in French no less!).
2. Desperate Comcast Rep Refuses to Cancel a Customer’s Service: Now to counteract all the good feelings that last link generated, feel free to listen to the call featured in this story on Slate. We've all been there, but this call is particularly demoralizing, if not extremely entertaining.
That's all for today folks!
Mrs Carter On The Run Toronto concert is only a few hours away and we are already feeling all the thrills and chills that are no doubt going to be rippling through our willing bodies. If you are like us, you are already planning your outfit accordingly. But wait! Why not dress the part and show up in your best Beyonce lookalike gear? Maybe you'll get noticed and pulled onstage! We can only dream...
Anyway, here we have styled some cute outfits based on some amazing Beyonce music videos. Be warned: Not one to shroud her legs, you might want to start doing some lunges (basically FROM NOW UNTIL THE CONCERT) because these looks are starring LEGS. Fortuitously, it happens to be summer so at least our bare legs won't be that conspicuous.
Do you need a break?
Are you stressed?
Do you want to relive the past and learn new things?
Well, here we present to you some fun stuff on the internet!
1. What Ikea Looked Like 50 Years Ago: It's no secret we are big time Ikea lovers, so we were delighted to see this retrospective of Ikea through the decades. Can you believe there are people on this earth who have never even been to an Ikea, let alone enjoyed an Ikea meatball?!?!? Also, who knew the Lack side table has been around since the 80's? Keep up the good work Ikea.
2. Stream Carefully Curated Jayoncé Radio Playlists: Colour us excited! Tonight is the Toronto On The Run concert and we could not be more thrilled. These playlists are simply fanning the flames.
3. See all the times OITNB actors appeared on Law & Order: This one is just good old fashion fun! It's always neat to watch old eppies of L&O and see future stars.
Holy mother of lace! These ladies look FIERCE. The ladies of Downton Abbey cover the August 2014 issue of Harper's Bazaar UK magazine, photographed by Alexi Lubomirski. We are used to seeing the "Upstairs" ladies of the house looking impeccable, but props to Harpers for giving the "Downstairs" gals just as much fashion magic. Those gowns! Pip pip!
1. Dramatic Readings of Beyonce Songs: This may be one of the greatest things to ever grace the intertubes! Actress Nina Millin gives If I were a boy, Irreplaceable and Mine the poise and respect they deserve. We can only hope there will more of these videos to come.
2. Michelle Williams' New Song Say Yes: It's formidable effort, and we gotta give her props for a not horrible Jesus loving song. Her voice seems to have improved a touch. But alas, Beyonce straight-up steals the show with that hair and goddess-like ensemble. AMEN! Keep on clappin' Michelle! Ride those glorious coattails as long as you possibly can.
3. It's A Quiz About OITNB: We had you a quiz right?!? We are this close to being done the second season, and it's all we can do to leave work immediately to find out what happens to Red! This quiz on matching inmates with their crimes will have to keep us going unit closing time.
4. Mindy Khaling Has a New Book On The Way: We are pretty pumped about this since we quite liked her first book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?. Read a bit about her next literary endeavour here.
Happy Friday punks!
This classic chair actually goes by many names, the Vienna Cafe chair and the Thonet Chair are among the most popular. It is considered one of the first "Modern" furniture designs and, if my memory of second year International Design class is accurate (no one can know for sure…), it's also an example of one of the first mass-produced pieces of furniture; take that Billy Bookcase! Designed by Michael Thonet in 1859, the Thonet Chair remains in production to this day and can be found in homes, offices, restaurants, and cafés around the world. Crate & Barrel sells a nice version, but vintage shouldn't be that hard to find either. I've got my eye on the 20th century one sitting in the corner of my parent's guest room!
See below for some ideas on how to incorporate this classic chair into your home!
Editor's Note: This series of posts is a means to explore the furniture pieces we can easily envision decorating our very own homes. So don't be surprised if you are invited over and end up sitting on one of these babies!
Also dramatically featured at the Mrs Carter Tour:
If that performance doesn't convince you to buy the chair, we don't know what will.